You want to study abroad, but you don’t know where to start? With 20 current programs in 9 locations, and four possible terms from which to choose, it can be overwhelming. This is why we’ve designed the following questionnaire/worksheet to help you narrow your options, plan for your study abroad experience, and turn your goal into an achievement!
Which of your graduation requirements do you want to fulfill while you’re studying abroad? Do you need general education, focus requirements (E, O, or W), major, or elective credits? Do you want to study a foreign language or take courses in English?
What is your primary motivation to study abroad? What do you hope to get out of the experience and what are some of your main concerns?
Is there a region or country that you have always wanted to visit? The Study Abroad Center has established programs in Asia, Europe, Latin America and Oceania.
|Shanghai, China||London, England|
|Kōbe, Japan||Angers, France|
|Machida, Japan||Annecy, France|
|LATIN AMERICA||Paris, France|
|Mendoza, Argentina||Berlin, Germany|
|Adelaide, Australia||“My Two Italies”, Italy|
When would you like to study abroad? This coming Fall, or next Spring? Do you prefer Semester, Summer, or Academic Year-long programs?
|Mendoza, Argentina||Adelaide, Australia||Machida, Japan|
|Shanghai, China||Shanghai, China||Kōbe, Japan|
|Angers, France||London, England|
|Annecy, France||Paris, France|
|Lille, France||Florence, Italy|
|Paris, France||“My Two Italies”, Italy|
|Berlin, Germany||Kōbe, Japan (Spring only)|
|Dublin, Ireland||Machida, Japan (Spring only)|
|Florence, Italy||Seville, Spain|
Do you prefer living with a homestay family or in a dorm/apartment? With a homestay, you take meals with the host family; if you live in a dorm or apartment, you prepare your own meals.
|Mendoza, Argentina||Adelaide, Australia|
|Angers, France||Shanghai, China|
|Annecy, France||London, England|
|Paris, France||Lille, France|
|Berlin, Germany||Berlin, Germany|
|Florence, Italy||Dublin, Ireland|
|Kōbe, Japan||“My Two Italies”, Italy|
|Seville, Spain||Machida, Japan|
- To Apply: Visit our application page
- Financial and Scholarship Information: Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions
7. NEXT STEPS
- Meet with your college and major academic advisors to see what requirements you still need to fulfill.
- Complete this worksheet and bring it to the Study Abroad Center to meet with an advisor to discuss your options.
- Schedule an advising appointment with a study abroad advisor.
- Visit our Study Abroad Fair or Information Meetings (please check calendar, and look out for email blasts, for event details)
- Attend a “First Steps to Study Abroad: Study Abroad 101” workshop (please check calendar, and look out for email blasts, for event details).
- Attend a “Funding Your Study Abroad Program” workshop (please check calendar, and look out for email blasts, for event details).
- Apply for a passport
- Learn as much as possible about the host country and culture in which you want to study abroad.
Updated Feb. 9, 2022